Guidelines for Students

  1. Transfer Credits for both U.S. institutions and for study abroad. Requests should come to the Department Chair who assesses them to determine if equivalent to particular course or elective. If the course is within the expertise of another member of the department, they will be consulted prior to a final decision to be made by the Chair.
  2. Overrides for both caps and prerequisites are exclusively within the purview of the professor teaching the course.
  3. Independent studies are normally for .5 or 1 unit.
  4. The student and supervising professor will meet to discuss requirements for the internship credit. Common requirements often include that the student keep and turn in a journal, in addition to a final paper.